Banjar Pengabeten, Poppies I
- Located in the gang between Poppies I and II next to Surf TravelOnline.
- The 22 rooms are on 2 levels and come with fan that is the plug in variety.
- The rooms are very basic with white tile floors and small balcony.
- The rooms are located around a small ‘bale’ or open sided roof and garden.
- Western toilet, shower.
- Breakfast is included and there is a small restaurant and shop.
- 1 Person 25,000rp 1 Night
- 2 Person 30,000rp 1 Night
- 1 Person 10% discount 1 Week
- 2 Person 10% discount 1 Week
- There are slightly nicer rooms for 5,000rp more per night.
- Located on the small gang between Poppies I and II opposite Bungalows Taman Ayu.
- Elegant little entrance to this place. There’s a tree in the center of the small courtyard and the reception is off to the left.
- There are 12 rooms that are 2-storey with shady porches and chairs.
- No breakfast only hot tea served in the morning.
- 1 Person 25,000rp 1 Night
- 2 Person 40,000rp 1 Night
- 1 Person No discount 1 Week
- 2 Person No discount 1 Week
Bungalows Taman Ayu
- Located on the small gang between Poppies I and II opposite Puri Agung.
- This place has a bright and airy feel with pink and white floor tiles and not too much to obstruct the sunshine.
- The 10 rooms are on 2 levels and there is a large central ‘bale’ shelter. Rooms come with fan and shower. Rooms are very clean and have small table and 2 chairs outside on the porch.
- No breakfast is served only hot tea. Western toilet, shower.
- 1 Person 30,000rp 1 Night
- 2 Person 50,000rp 1 Night
- 3 Person 60,000 1 Night
- 1 Person No discount 1 Week
51 Lima Satu
- Located on a perpendicular street to Poppies I that is down from Taman Ayu, around the corner from TJ’s Mexican.
- The 11 rooms are on 3 levels, with a pool.
- There is not a restaurant on the premises but breakfast is included.
- Rooms are large and clean with bath- tub, fridge and porch with table &amp;amp; chairs. The rooms look comfortable. The porch area was shady at noon- time. All rooms have A/C and hot water.
- The rectangular pool is 10 meters long and has reclining chairs. On the property is a Japanese run ‘healing salon’ featuring aromatherapy, reflexology and energy healing.
- 1 Person 100,000rp 1 Night
- 2 Person 150,000rp 1 Night
- 1-2 Person No discount 1 Week
- Located across from Komala Indah and 20 meters from TJ’s Mexican restaurant.
- Lovely cottages with tradtional alang-alang / bamboo roofs. The gardens are well kept and relaxing to walk through and have a traditional ‘bale’ shelter with a gamelan orchestra set. The swimming pool is in tropical style, shaped with rocks and also has a jucuzzi. There is an internet facility and room service. All cottages have A/C and fan. There is no breakfast only fried bananas and tea. There is a small library and restaurant.
- The rooms are very clean and comfortable and come equipped with an open-air bathroom. The beds looked comfortable and the floor tiles were a relaxing light brown.Writing desk, fridge, porch and chairs were included.
- This is a beautiful place but a little expensive.
- Single $80 1 Night
- Double / Twin $85 1 Night
- Extra $15 1 Night
- No discount 1 Week
Poppies I #20
- Located opposite to Poppies Cottages and 20 meters closer to Jl. Legian than TJ’s Mexican restaurant.
- There are 8 rooms on one level all with fan and cold shower.
- Tea and bananas for breakfast.
- The rooms are set in a family style compound and the family still lives here. There are a couple of centrally located ‘bales’ or open sided shelters and the whole thing feels very traditional. There is a temple on site too. A white tiled piled and bamboo porch furniture is the first aspect of the room a visitor sees. The family keeps birds in cages and this place is very reminiscent of losmans in Ubud.
- Rooms were simple and clean and come with bathtub.
- I talked to a traveler who has been here for 12 days. He said he liked the friendly staff and the cleanliness of the place. He said there is always a man on the door at night and plenty of relatives around offering transport options. He said he’d stay here again.
- 1 Person 40,000rp 1 Night
- 2 Person 60,000rp 1 Night
- 1 Person 280,000 1 Week
- 2 Person 420,000 1 Week
Agung Art Market, Poppies I
- Located opposite Bali Jegeg Bar in the small gang that runs perpendicular.
- 19 rooms with fan or A/C, some rooms get breakfast! Very basic white tiled rooms with shower and toilet. There is a gravel walkway between the rooms that feels very cheap and primitive. Single chair outside each room, no view with rooms facing each other.
- Room cleanliness was average. It’s not a place you’d feel like spending time in. No atmosphere or a place to relax. Western toilet , shower. Here’s a selection of the mind-boggling rates.
- Double A/C 100,000 1 Night
- Twin A/C 100,000 1 Night
- Double Fan 70,000 1 Night
- Twin Fan 90,000 1 Night
- Single Fan 60,000 1 Night
- Double New Fan 80,000 1 Night
- Twin New Fan 80,000 1 Night
- Single Fan 350,000 1 Week
- Single Fan w/Breakfast 420,000 1 Week
- Located behind Kubuku restaurant and close to the Secret Garden restaurant.
- 40 rooms on 2 levels. The room types are Twin, Double, Fan, A/C.
- There is a nice swimming pool with bar and restaurant.
- Guests receive a welcome drink on arrival. Hot and cold water and breakfast included. The rooms and top landing have shiny brown floor tiles that look new.
- The hotel has a natural roof. The rooms are simple but clean and comfortable with shared balcony that is breezy. The rooms have a traditional carved door and frame. There is a security post in the parking area and a beauty salon, money changer and tourist service are located next door. A pleasant place to relax.
- Double A/C 150,000 1 Night
- Double Fan 100,000 1 Night
- Twin A/C 175,000 1 Night
- Twin Fan 125,000 1 Night
Fat Yogi’s Cottages
- Located down the street from La Walon Bungalows.
- 26 rooms on 2 levels with a choice of A/C or fan. Has very clean looking pool but the reclining chairs look worn.
- The rooms are quite large but look old and in need of renovation. The bed looked comfortable and the room was average on cleanliness.
- The porch area has rattan and bamboo furniture.
- American breakfast included.
- Fat Yogi’s restaurant out front is cool however and serves decent food.
- A/C 1 Person 130,000 1 Night
- A/C 2 Person 150,000 1 Night
- Fan 1 Person 50,000 1 Night
- Fan 2 Person 70,000 1 Night
- Smaller with Fan 1 Person 30,000 1 Night
- Smaller with Fan 2 Person 50,000 1 Night
- Smaller with Fan 1 Person No Discount 1 Week
- Smaller with Fan 2 Person No Discount 1 Week
La Walon Bungalows
(0361 ) 757234
- Located down from Fat Yogi and across from Kubuku restaurant.
- There is a parking area in front with reception. Rooms are on 3 levels and there is a pool.
- The pool looks clean but the pool furniture looks a bit old.
- Cottages are simple with bamboo furniture, brown tile floor and tile roof. The rooms in the 3-storey block have a white tiled floor and are quite clean.
- Breakfast is included.
- In between the cottages are some ponds with nasty looking water.
- Fan 1 Person 110,000 1 Night
- A/C 1 Person 140,000 1 Night
- Fan 2 Person 120,000 1 Night
- A/C 2 Person 160,000 1 Night
- No Discount 1 Week
- Located 30 meters from La Walon and across the street from Sari Indah market.
- 82 rooms on 2-levels, 2 swimming pools and breakfast restaurant. Tiled roof.
- Rooms are large and have hot water, bathtub. The bed is quality and there is also a fridge. I thought the rooms were very clean and with the white tiled floor and the porch area was sunny and feature table and chairs.
- Renovations are going on in the center of the property. The rear swimming pool has a large flat grassy area that is good for sunbathing. There is a bar next to the pool (not a ‘pool-bar’ though).
- The reception area is right on the street and there is a traditional stone entrance way.
- A/C Family (4) 300,000 1 Night
- A/C Triple 240,000 1 Night
- A/C Double 180,000 1 Night
- A/C Single 150,000 1 Night
- Fan Double 135,000 1 Night
- Fan Single 115,000 1 Night
- Located across from Jazz Inn.
- 6 rooms which are very basic and come in 2 sizes. Very basic bathroom and porch. All furniture is bamboo.
- Reception area and central area are shabby. Rooms need renovation.
- Breakfast not included. This place is good for someone on a strict budget.
- Large room 1 Person 40,000 1 Night
- Large room 1 Person 50,000 1 Night
- Small room 1 Person 210,000 1 Week
- Large room 1 Person 280,000 1 Week
- Small room 2 Person 280,000 1 Week
- Large room 2 Person 350,000 1 Week
Ayu Beach Inn
- Located opposite Laundry Services.
- 30 or so rooms mostly on single level with a few on 2nd floor. Shady looby behing long narrow driveway and parking area.
- There is a vast array of prices depending on room size, A/C or fan, hot or cold water etc.
- Rooms come with bathtub, are clean with whitish tile floor and have a porch with table and chair.
- The garden that leads to the rooms has plenty of shady trees and bushes. There is also and internet-service.
- There are 2 swimming pools and a restaurant that serves breakfast ( which is included ) and lunch.
- I talked to 2 European travelers who said the hotel was good value with a central location, “The best you can find around here for the money”. I asked if there was anything that wasn’t good and they said the hand held shower wasn’t too good and the breakfast didn’t offer much.
- Single 70,000-125,000 1 Night
- Double 80,000-150,000 1 Night
- Triple 100,000-200,000 1 Night
- Located next to Tree House restaurant and across from R.Z bookshop.
- 25 rooms on 1 level. Front parking area with reception. Basic rooms with white tile floor. Rooms are clean with simple shower, porch with rattan furniture, nothing fancy though.
- The porch area is fairly relaxing as it is shady and away from the street.
- All rooms have fan.
- I talked to a guest from Australia who had been back many times. He said he liked Kedin’s Inn because it was cheap and close to the beach. The low point is that sometimes other guests walk past late at night making a lot of noise. Breakfast is simple but okay.
- 1 Person 40,000 1 Night
- 2 Person 50,000 1 Night
- 1 Person 280,000 1 Week
- 2 Person 350,000 1 Week
Kuta Puri Bungalows
- Located 50 meters from the beach road ( Jl. Pantai Kuta ).
- 39 rooms with cottages on 2 levels and bungalows on 1 level.
- Rooms are clean and comfortable with good bed and come with fridge. The bathroom is open-air but looks very bare with the plain cement walls.
- The porch area is shady and good for reading.
- On the 2nd floor there are hallway lockers available.
- Bungalows are larger with a carved doorway.
- Construction is in progress on a 2 level block right now.
- The grounds are large and well kept with swimming pool. The restaurant is located at the front next to Poppies I and has a large traditional bamboo / alang alang roof. I had lunch of grilled snapper for 17,000rp and it was good.
- The restaurant is a relaxing place to be and the staff are very polite and friendly.
- Breakfast is included.
- Massage is available. There is a tour and transport office located at the front of the hotel.
- A/C Hot water Bungalow Double $45 / 1 Night
- A/C Hot water Bungalow Single $40/ 1 Night
- A/C Hot water Cottage Double $35 /1 Night
- A/C Hot water Cottage Single $30 /1 Night
- A/C Hot water Extra bed $10 /1 Night
- Fan Hot water Bungalow Double $28 /1 Night
- Fan Hot water Bungalow Single $24 /1 Night
- Fan Hot water Bungalow Extra bed $8 /1 Night
- Fan Cold water Cottage I Double $20 /1 Night
- Fan Cold water Cottage I Single $17 /1 Night
- Fan Cold water Cottage II Double $18/ 1 Night
- Fan Cold water Cottage II Single $15 /1 Night
- Fan Cold water Extra bed $7 /1 Night
Source taken from mail-list of email@example.com